How do Controlled Parking Zones or resident parking passes work?

How do Controlled Parking Zones or resident parking passes work?

This will depend on whether the parking bays are Council bays, managed by the local authority, or if they are managed by your building management. If they are council bays, you will be able to register for a resident's parking pass through your Council's website. To do so, you will need the details of your property and Council Tax registration including your unique property reference number. 

This is included as part of your Council Tax welcome letter which should arrive by post in the first four to six weeks of your residency. If you need to arrange for parking before this letter arrives, you should reach out to your local authority or council by phone. They will be able to tell the account holder the unique property reference over the phone, which can then be used to register for parking. 

One permit can be used for up to three vehicles that you own or use, and a separate visitor's permit is also available.

If your parking is private and handled by your building management then you will need to approach them directly to determine how they issue these permits and their conditions for use. 

    • Related Articles

    • My water isn't working

      ​Your water service should never be disconnected because of billing or registration issues. If you have no water supply, you should first contact your landlord or building management to check there is no maintenance being done at the property. ...
    • What are the different kinds of internet connection available in the UK?

      This is a breakdown of the physical infrastructure of the most common types of home internet access in the UK; FTTC, FTTP, DSL/ADSL and Mobile Broadband.   FTTC - Superfast Fibre to the Cabinet   The majority of people in the UK get their internet ...
    • I've received a bill addressed to someone else

      There may be a period between arriving at your new property and your registrations being finalised where you receive letters from your utility suppliers that are not addressed to you by name. Bills addressed to 'resident' or 'the occupier' are sent ...
    • Why is my installation or activation date delayed?

      Installation of a new broadband service typically takes 1-2 weeks in the UK, although it can be delayed by unexpected factors such as a lack of available engineers or the previous occupants leaving their service in place, or because more work is ...
    • My electricity isn't working

      Your electricity supply will only be stopped at your property if there is an emergency that requires it be disconnected, or a larger problem in your general area. If you do not have electricity at home, your first step should be to call 105. This is ...